Sasso Morelli is a district of Imola, a city in the province of Bologna. This village is about 10km from the city centre and the its peculiarity is the rural aspect. The village of Sasso Morelli was built between 1780 and 1785 by Cosimo Morelli who gave his name to the new urban area built around a square quadrilateral on which overlooked the homes of farmers and, beyond the Corecchio canal, the villa owned of the same architect.
Its square, which dates back to the eighteenth century, houses some important local festivals in the area. These are related in particular to the cultivation of vines and the ways for making wine.
Among the most intact today, the park of Villa La Babina still preserves the characteristics of the nineteenth-century gardens of stately homes along the plains of Bologna.
Characterized by different tree species dominated by English oaks and holm oaks, the park contains a renovated holiday home at the end of the 18th century that preserves neoclassical architectural elements.
Since 1999 the villa is owned by the CLAI Cooperative which uses the complex as a Businnes district.
Villa la Babina: Via Sasso Morelli, 40 – 40026 Imola (BO)
Iat – Informazione Accoglienza Turistica: Ph. +39 0542 602207