The first historical information concerning Tredozio, or at least its territory, dates back to the Byzantine-Ravennate period: from some official documents (kept in the archives of the Archdiocese of Ravenna) we learn that the existence of the Church of San Valentino, whose very extensive jurisdiction also included the territories of Gamogna, has been reported since the year 562. The “Castrum Treudacium” is mentioned for the first time in 925 and constitutes the first nucleus of what will then be the Municipality of Tredozio. After 1000, the Tredozio’s area was full of churches and convents flourish. After 1100 the territory passed into the hands of the Counts Guidi and, at the end of the war between the Visconti of Milan and Florence, their dominance finished and Tredozio submitted itself to the Florentine Republic. For five centuries Tredozio was a border land between Tuscany and the Papal State.
Built in 1753 and later blessed (as the documents testify), Palazzo Fantini preserves in its structure, in addition to the oldest and the eighteenth century parts, also interesting interventions in neo-Gothic or liberty style, such as the winter garden.
Also of great interest are the wide agricultural environments surrounding the Palace, witnesses of a history rich in rural activities now ceased. The recovery of these environments opens the building and the surrounding green to cultural activities: events, concerts and events of various types occur throughout the year, recalling the splendor of a family for over three centuries.
Fantini Palace: Via XX Settembre, 83 – 47019 Tredozio (Ra)