TREPPONTI OR PALLOTTA BRIDGE
Symbol of Comacchio, wanted by the Cardinal legate Giovan Battista Pallotta in the context of the so-called urban rebirth. The brick artefact, built around 1638 by Capuchin Giovanni Pietro from Lugano to a design by architect Luca Danese from Ravenna, is the point of union between the navigable canal “Pallotta”, coming from the sea, and the center of the city, as under its only vault the internal waterways are distributed, by means of a dense network of canals. It includes five large (three front and two rear) wide-arched stairs, which allow people to reach the top, in Istrian stone.
Trepponti street – 44022 Comacchio (FE)
Municipality of Comacchio – cultural office: Ph.+39 0533 318785